Modular MultiBore Boring System
The term MultiBore used by Wohlhaupter stands for a system of modular components which is compatible with every machine spindle. The boring tools have been developed and manufactured to the very highest standards of engineering practice and are also suitable for high-speed machining. Naturally, we will supply fully balanced complete tools on request.
The MVS (MultiBore)-connection has proved its worth in a million applications since its introduction in 1973.
Wohlhaupter was the world's first maker of modular boring tools and developed the connection into today's perfect system solution. It offers the following benefits:
- Easy and practical handling
- Freely accessible threaded taper pins for precise cutter positioning
- Triple point clamping (A, B, C) ensuring high axial clamping forces on mating faces
- Maximum rigidity due to triple-point clamping
- Accurate to less than 3 μm when tool is changed